There are many SEO factors that can influence a web page's ranking on a search engine.
- Title Tag - place the desired keywords or phrase in the title tag of each web page.
- Age of Site - this doesn't refer to the date that the domain was registered. Search engines look at the launch of indexable content.
- Body Text - keywords used in the visible body text.
- Keywords - whenever practical, avoid targeting more than 2 keywords on a page. Include it 2-3 times for every 200 words of content. Higher on the page is better
- Formatting - Use H1-H3 headings and include the keyword. Occasionally format keyword in bold, italics, and list tags.
- Image Tag Alt and Title Attributes - this piece of code make images accessible to search engines. Content placed in these sections should be descriptive and to the point.
- Page size- overall page size is not a big factor; however, breaking a large page into smaller pages allows you to have unique title tag. Therefore you can better target specific keywords. It is advised to have 200 to 1000 words per page.
- Links - internal and external links (quality and quantity) play an important role in search engine optimization.
- Every page should have unique title tag.
- Repeat the targeted keyword 1-2 times within the title.
- Place your keywords as close to the beginning as possible.
- Try to have the keywords in the same order as someone might type them in the search.
- A Title Tag is what seach engines display in their search results, so make it attractive to the human folks.
- Internal Link Popularity - the number and importance of internal links pointing to the target page.
- Relevance of Inbound Link- relationship between the sites/pages linking to the target page and the target keyword.
- Anchor Text- keyword text links that link to other optimized pages on your website.
- Global Link Popularity - the overall link weight/authority of the websites that are linking to your website (quality and quantity).
- Link Popularity of Site - link weight/authority of the target website amongst its competitors.
- Popularity of Linking Sites - how popular are the sites that are linking to you. The better the linking site, the better the link.
- External Link Relevance - how relevant is the site linking to your page. Is it about the same topic?
Google Search Engine ranking factors - seomoz.org