With millions of active users, Facebook can be an unintrusive way to connect with your demographic. Here are the free opportunities you have to market on Facebook.
- Profile Page -this is the foundation to marketing on Facebook. Because of Facebook culture of transparency, your profile should revolve around you, not the company. You will act as its ambassador.
- Groups - join or create your own groups that are related to what you do. It's a great place to have a conversation with your customers about your brand. You can create as many groups as you'd like. Features include :
- place for posting discussion topics, photos, videos, and links
- send news and updates to group members, which arrive in their Facebook inbox
- group members can send invites to their friends to join the group
- Pages - it's a place for a business to establish a brand presence on Facebook. It's similar to the Groups section; however, there are a few differences. Features include:
- place for posting discussion topics, photos, videos, and links.
- send news, event invitations, and updates to "fans" of your page, which arrive in their Facebook inbox.
- customizable with HTML, Flash, and Facebook applications.
- are prominently referenced on your "fans" profile pages of your fans (this is a big one).
- Events - list any webinars, speaking engagements, or events your having. It even has an RSVP feature.
- Notes and Photos -use these features to share information and pictures with your friends about your product or service. If you have a blog or newsletter, you can syndicate it on your profile page. This way, every time you publish an article, it will automatically be displayed on your profile page.
- Messages - it's a great way to reach your friends and contacts.However, if you're caught SPAMMING, your account will be shot down.
- Marketplace - list your services and products for free. However, posting your ad in multiple networks, will cost you $1 per network per listing. All Marketplace responses are tied to real Facebook accounts. So, when you receive a response to your listing, you can see the respondent’s profile page even if they’re not your friend.
- Facebook Share - this Facebook feature allows you advertise any Group, Event, Photo, Link, or Application you want. Features include:
- giving it real estate in your profile page
- send information directly to your friends’ Inbox
- Networks -similar to Group, however, they are designed to group people into an Educational, Work, or Geographical network. Benefits include:
- way to discover events, posted items, and marketplace listings
- discussion forums and walls which any members can post to
- Mini Feed and News Feed - you can't post directly to the feeds; however, this feature archive your users’ engagement with your brand and syndicate it to their friends and networks via the Feed located on their page. Every time a users join your group, RSVP to your event, become a fan of your page, share your photos or does anything else with your brand, Facebook automatically adds a feed item to their Mini Feed.
- Information Section -list your website and employer in your profiles information section.
- Status Area -instead of mentioning the fact that you're doing something pointless, you can use this area to promote a project, website, or offer.